In the tradition of my previous roommate, I've named the mouse in my new apartment: Mortimer. This fellow had no shame. We got the place glistening as we settled, but that didn't deter the mouse. When I came out into the living room on maybe our 3rd morning in the house, I saw little brown Mortimer jump out and dive under the dishwasher. The next evening, or maybe it was that very evening!, I was reading in the living room, and heard rustling and this time he took a chunk of _something_ with him as he ran under the dishwasher. So I took the trash out. (I'd been avoiding it since I didn't know where I was supposed to dump it. I still don't know in fact...) No more immediate disturbances. The next morning I came out and looked across the cityscape. Then I noticed that the pristine cleanliness and smoothness of the view in the room had altered ever so slightly. Our little friend had the gall to run across the shining wood floors through half the living room and trot through my smooth zen garden in the window sill. The nerve! No respect! There goes our feng shui.
We have some bait and traps out, but they don't seem to be having a large effect. However, I haven't found mouse droppings around for the last several days- that's a good sign. His tracks are still dotted across our zen garden though...
No comments:
Post a Comment